Rara Lake Trek is located in the far western corner of Nepal. Rara is a little piece of heaven. As Rara Lake Trek is a very interesting trek and lifetime experience trial through remote areas in Nepal. Rara Lake lies at an elevation of approx 2,990m (9,810ft). The lake is about 3 miles long, 1 mile wide, and 548 feet deep.
The crystal clear water of the lake is really fascinating to all the visitors. Similarly, one can also able to see the bottom of the lake. Rara lake is surrounded by green hills and the Rara National Park which makes it a better destination for tourists.
Exploring the several blue pines, black juniper, oak, cypress, and rhododendron forests trekkers will reach Rara Lake. Moreover, One can see Himalayan Black Bear, Musk Deer, Leopards, Ghoral, Thar, and Red Panda in Rara National Park.
This Trek is the best destination point for trekking in the western part of Nepal. Thus, Trekking route is less crowded and the off beaten trial. In winter there is snow in the ridge of the lake which offer the world best view.
Moreover on Rara Lake Trek
a. Difficulty level of Rara lake trek?
Normally, Rara Trek is categorize in moderate trek. In some area some challenges can arrive but usually it lies in moderate trek. Similarly, trekker should trek around 4-5 hours a day. All age group trekkers can trek this route and easily reach the destination.
b. Best time for Rara Lake Trek?
Though Rara Trek is best for all the season or throughout the year. But Spring(March-May) and Autumn( September-November) are best among the best time for being Rara. Rhododendron forest with different colors welcome the trekkers in the spring season. Similarly, in the autumn season the clear skies and the mesmerizing panoramic views really attract any kind of tourist.
Overview of Rara Lake Trek
A amazing walk into the authentic culture, vibrant nature beauties, hidden valley and beautiful lakes in the wild West Nepal Rara and Jumla Trek insight the Rara National Park. Rara Lake Sinja Valley trek from Jumla is truly and naturally trial. The historical and isolated settlements of Jumla and Rara Lake. The Rara Trek one of the short and moderate hike suites for short and wilderness holiday seekers those who love nature, culture, not touristic and nature beauty of Nepal. It is not a very common trek. Because of the using domestic flight from Kathmandu Nepaljung and Jumla and camping style the trek quite expensive than other normal trek route.
Trip Highlight of Rara Lake Trek
- This trial is home path of the highest and biggest lake in Nepal, which showcases nestled snow-capped mountains and which leads you through an accessible forest.
- Jumla, Rara Lake, and Sinja Valley Trek is truly one of the most fascinating lesser-traveled treks in Nepal.
- Magnificence of Rara Lake, where nature has gifted the most beautiful delights, and Sinja Valley, where the history of Nepalese culture blends well with the natural beauty
- While this trek has a few challenging stretches, the majority of the journey is easy and relaxed
- During the trek, we traverse through many beautiful hamlets that are full of cultural heritage
- More than 500 different kinds of flowers, 20 species of mammals and 214 species of birds can be observed in the Rara National Park.