Holy Gosaikunda Trek carries religious, cultural, natural, and social values. In the same way, this is the most valued and famous trek in the Langtang region. Gosaikunda is located at an elevation of 4,380 m (14,370 ft) in the Rasuwa District. And it is famous for the Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage.
The lake melts to form the Trishuli River, there are 108 lakes in the vicinity. Hindu mythology attributes Gosaikunda as the abode of the Hindu deities Shiva and Gauri. According to Hindu mythology, in the Samudra Manthan legend, the poison was released into the world. To save it, God Shiva swallowed the poison, keeping it in his throat. Then thrust his Trishul (holy Trident) into a mountain to extract water so that he could calm the pain. As a result, Hindus believe that Lord Shiva has been sleeping under Gosaikunda.
Similarly, the major attractions of this Holy Gosaikunda Trek are the beauty of Langtang National park. Likewise, Amazing views of snowy mountain peaks, a wide variety of unique flora and fauna. Experiencing the culture of the Tibetan people and their traditions. Other beautiful lakes also surround the Goshaikunda Lake like Bhairavkunda, Suryakunda, Saraswatikunda, Blood Kunda, Naukunda, and as well as Nagkunda. One can observe and enjoy it. Likewise, after visiting this sacred lake, you will cross Laurebina La Pass (4,610m). And follow the trail down towards Helambu valley or you can get down to Dhunche to make your trek shorter. You can arrange this trip to suit you through High Himalayan Trekking and Expedition.
Our service for our guest
If you are interested to plan your tour and trek yourself due to your interest and time duration please go to our Plan Trip or Customize Trip.
Robinson Crusoe Holiday is always ready to provide excellent services for our guests. Based on our cultural motto “Matri Debo Bhaba, Pitrii Debo Bhaba, Atithi Debo Bhaba.” Mother as a God, Father as a God, and Guest as a God.
Overview of Holy Gosaikunda Trek
Gosaikunda trek is leveled as medium hard in terms of difficulty though the level of difficulty depends on other things such as age factor, your trekking habit, physical fitness, the itinerary you choose or the weather of the season you are trekking in. These reasons decide whether the trek is going to be easy or hard. You need to keep in mind that you will be reaching at 4380 meter in two days from Dunche (2100m).
Trip Highlight of Holy Gosaikunda Trek
- Lying in the majestic Langtang region, Gosaikunda trek is a spectacular short trek that will take you to the land of 108 lakes
- It not just attracts religious Hindus, Buddhists and Shamans, but also trekkers who seek Himalayan wonders.
- Gosaikunda lights up during Janai Purnima festival (the full moon of August) as several Hindus worshipping Lord Shiva take a pilgrimage to dip in in this sacred lake and wash away their sins
- Mainly Tamang, Gurung and Sherpa tradition are there, physically and culturally looks comparable with Tibetan Chinese and their one of a kind existence
- The trekking cross through the numerous landscapes and green wooded area ranging from subtropical to alpine environment, terrace fields the place farmer develop corn, millet and rice.